A couple of months back, a colleague and me were looking around for the thinnest ultra-portable laptop around and landed on a Sony Vaio. We however felt unconvinced after checking out the specifications. We thought “There is only so much you can fit into that space”. Apple astonished us today with the introduction of “Macbook Air” to their product line-up. It’s as if Apple is telling us “There is a lot that can go into that”.
- 13-inch wide-screen monitor with LED backlighting
- Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6/1.8 Ghz processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 80GB HDD/ 64GB SSD
- WiFi + Bluetooth
- No optical drive, Remote Disc as alternative
- 5-hour battery backup with WiFi turned on!
- Multi-touch on the trackpad like iPhone/iPod Touch
Can it get any thinner? Any better?
The length of the motherboard is only a little more than a Pencil’s!
Things are packed pretty tight in there!
Here are some pictures of the Sony Vaio we had looked at for comparison.
Specification for Sony Vaio TZ
- 11.1 inch widescreen, LED Backlit
- Intel Core 2 Duo 1.20GHz
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB SSD
- 8x DVD (+/-R double layer) drive
Which one would you get?
Is this better for making an omelette than a Macbook?